Alaska Testlab (ATL) is a one-of-a-kind employer-based out of Anchorage, AK. ATL specializes in construction field testing, laboratory testing of soils, rock, aggregates, concrete, masonry and bituminous mixtures, special inspection services, and other specialty services throughout Alaska.
We are currently recruiting Inspectors at levels I, II, and III in Anchorage. This is a full-time, seasonal position from May through October.
Alaska Testlab (ATL) employs Inspectors to perform special inspections in accordance with the International Building Code, specifications, ATL policies and other published standards, under the supervision of a professional engineer. Inspectors will perform field and office tasks under the general supervision of the Field Supervisor; they will also direct lower level technicians on projects and help facilitate the ongoing training of newer personnel on ATL processes and procedures.
- Inspect and observe construction projects under supervision of a senior inspector or project manager.
- Monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications.
- Field testing and inspection duties related to soil, concrete, masonry, wood, asphalt, fireproofing, architectural aspects, finish systems, and rack construction.
- Prepare and submit clear, concise, and legible daily reports of observations and test results.
- Document test data, results, and observations.
- Communicate daily and as needed with supervisors, coworkers, clients, contractors, owners, municipal employees, and engineering staff.
- Perform standard tests and collect data.
- Proactively work towards additional certifications and licenses.
- Perform routine calculations and measurements.
- Maintain company vehicle and equipment in good working order.
- Perform maintenance on laboratory and field equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years field testing experience, OR one year of field-testing experience and have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam. Also requires a minimum of one year of laboratory testing experience. Flexibility for travel is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- ACI Certification (concrete) required.
- ICC Certification (soils, concrete) required.
- Troxler Certification required.
- WAQTC Certification is preferred.
- MOA Certification in at least six categories within 30 days of hire.
Apply today! We look forward to reviewing your application!