Account Manager Featured
Job Title: Account Manager
Reports to: Director of Account Management
Location: Anchorage, AK
Akademos believes every student has a right to affordable educational materials. We also believe universities—in order to meet their educational mission and accommodate their students’ preferences—should have new choices in delivering those materials. That’s why we’ve created a full-service online solution that delivers huge savings on textbooks and other course materials while providing administrators and faculty with critical control over the process.
We are looking for a results-driven individual to join our team as an Account Manager. The Account Manager is responsible for implementing and managing all aspects of the online bookstore for multiple accounts.
To apply, please submit both a resume as well as a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position and confirm in the first paragraph that you currently live in the greater Anchorage metropolitan area. If you do not provide a cover letter you or fail to mention you live in the greater Anchorage area you will be disqualified from this role.
- Work closely with the Director of Account Management to develop and execute comprehensive transition and launch plan for new accounts. Adapt plan as needed to ensure timely launch.
- Monitor and report on account performance. Identify areas of weakness and create action plans for improvement.
- Cultivate relationships with key contacts at each individual account. Develop deep knowledge of the nuances and politics of each account to drive compliance resulting in growth.
- Work with marketing team to help create promotions that effectively target students. Proactively consult with accounts to determine best methods for reaching unique student populations.
- Develop deep familiarity with internal Akademos systems and the Adoption and Analytics Portal. Train new users and troubleshoot common errors with adoption submissions.
- Coordinate closely with internal inventory team to review booklists and communicate any sourcing updates or issues back to clients for timely resolutions.
- Highly self-sufficient and motivated
- Extremely organized and able to handle multiple projects at once
- Passion for building and developing new relationships
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years experience in higher education sales, editorial, or marketing
- Proven success with project management or client services
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.