Prince William Sound College is seeking a Term Instructor of Construction Technology for the Career and Technical College at Prince William Sound College in Valdez, Alaska..
Responsible for developing and teaching credit and non-credit Construction Technology courses and for the general effectiveness of course organization, administration, and outcomes assessment. Students who successfully complete courses may receive college credit, and any licensing or credential essential for employment in the construction workforce.
Prince William Sound College is located in Valdez, Alaska. It is described as a place where the mountains meet the sea. The historic Port of Valdez is a scenic and important location utilized for shipping oil, commercial and sport fishing, tourism, and is home to a Coast Guard station. This position is responsible for developing and teaching credit and non-credit Construction Technology courses and for the general effectiveness of course organization, administration, and outcomes assessment. Students who successfully complete courses may receive college credit, and any licensing or credential essential for employment in the construction workforce. The instructor will lead the development of community workshops, curriculum, high school and college student engagement, and volunteerism for construction projects.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Knowledge in construction and/or project management.
• Work as a team member with the University system and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups supporting construction projects.
• Knowledge of pedagogical practice and theory working with non‐traditional learners and various ethnic and socio‐economic groups
• Ability to comprehend written material and interpret and apply policies, rules, and regulations.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions.
• Ability to interpret and apply complex polices, rules, and regulations.
• An ability to safely and efficiently manage up to 10 people with varied skill levels on a job site
• Ability to handle administrative responsibilities related to teaching of courses, data collection, and reporting for license agency, accreditation agencies, and the College
• Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs
• Effective oral and written communication skills, decision-making, and problem solving skills
Education, training, and experience:
Associates degree in Construction Technology or closely related field from a regionally accredited college or university and at least 3 years of work experience in a position related to Construction Technology or a combination of technical training, education, and experience to meet minimum standards for a faculty position in the University of Alaska Anchorage Career and Technical College.
Substantial construction management or project management experience. Understanding of risk management policies and procedures. Experience with managing budgets for projects.
Preferred: Experience in adult education programs, volunteer projects, or construction crew management with on-the-job training. NCCER Certifications or other related industrial trade certifications.
This position is open until filled.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.