The City of Valdez is accepting applications for an Events & Marketing Coordinator. Under supervision of the Economic Development Director, the Events & Marketing Coordinator will plan, organize and coordinate city sponsored events to include marketing and resource allocation. In addition, this position will support city, as well as community non-profit organization events with city resources, including holiday and cooperative events. This position will coordinate and cooperate with other City Departments to ensure the success of Community Events.
This is an FLSA exempt, permanent, benefited position working a minimum of 40 hours per week. The City of Valdez offers an attractive benefits package that included affordable health insurance, matching retirement plans, paid time off, relocation allowance, and numerous holidays.
Interested candidates must apply at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/valdez. Stand alone resumes will not be accepted for this position.
This positions primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, implements, supervises and coordinates all activities related to City sponsored events.
- Acts as the point person for Community Service Organizations sponsoring events and outside other organizations wishing to host events in Valdez.
- Creates and maintains Community-wide calendars for both internal (City) and external events.
- Verifies that all event facilities and equipment are safe and in working order for public use through coordination with facility managers.
- Coordinates with the Public Information Officer & related City departments for news releases, public notices, and the updating the department portion of the City webpage.
- Prepares for publication a variety of marketing materials to include brochures, calendars, letters, poster, flyers, and related communications regarding events.
- Assists Director with budget development and monitors department budget.
- Oversees temporary employees, to include work assignments and performance monitoring.
- Maintains cooperative working relations with City departments and outside agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Marketing, Events Management, or a related field;
- Or Two (2) years’ experience planning and marketing community events or related public sector program management;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- An understanding of the role of OSHA, ADA, and DEC as they apply to events;
- Experience working with multiple agencies;
- Valid Alaska State Driver’s License;
- Must be able to pass a background check;
- Must obtain and maintain CPR, and first aid within 6 months of hire.
- May be subject to frequent standing, walking.
- Ability to operate a City vehicle, to include pulling a trailer, for events.
- May be subject to long work days. Must be able to work adjustable shifts or schedules to include evenings/weekend.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment (year-round) and, at times, in inclement weather conditions