Altman, Rogers & Co., Alaska's largest locally owned CPA firm, is searching for a CPA to manage our Juneau office. For almost 30 years, Altman, Rogers & Co. has recruited the top talent to provide exceptional audit, tax, and accounting services to our clients throughout the State of Alaska. The successful candidate will bring experience in audit, tax, and management to the Juneau team.
The Audit & Operations Manager will be responsible for managing a team of dedicated audit, tax, and accounting staff. This position will require the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, communicate to clients and staff effectively, and bring audit and tax knowledge to the team. The right candidate must have a current CPA license, 3-5 years of public accounting experience with prior audit and/ or tax experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C Corp, S Corp, Partnerships, Fiduciaries, Non Profit, gift)
* Review write-up work for corporations, non profits, partnerships, and individuals, including work papers, adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, payroll, and client books and records.
* Be a part of an audit team performing audits of non profits, Native organizations, municipal entities, and other types of entities.
* Manage and monitor client deliverables and deadlines.
* Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquiries, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with said audits, inquiries, and tax notices.
* Communicate directly with existing clients, firm staff (including those in other locations), management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
* Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, evaluating client needs, and being involved in relationship- building in the community.
* Active participant in the year-end budgeting process for the Juneau office.
Altman, Rogers & Co. provides a comprehensive compensation package that includes a highly competitive salary (commiserate with experience), relocation assistance, medical/ dental/ vision insurance, 401(k) profit sharing, generous annual paid leave, holiday pay, CPE, future upward advancement, and employee morale events and programs.
Altman, Rogers & Co. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veterans' status, disability, or genetics.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.