3650 Piper Street, Ste A
Imaging Associates is seeking a full time Network Administrator to join our team. This is a full time, 40 hours per week, position. Reporting to the Director of IT, this person is responsible for maintaining IA’s computer infrastructure by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, monitoring network performance, and maintaining all hardware. The position will also cross train on the roles of the PACS and VNA Administrators to provide support as needed in those areas and to be well rounded for on call duties.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) which may include evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Take night and weekend call on a rotating schedule.
- Education: Associates Degree in Computer Science or related computer field. Prefer a Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university OR
- Two years of experience with network administrator duties;
- Expected to have knowledge of client/server and Graphical User Interface (GUI) concepts and tools, PC-based middleware tools
- Prefer to also have knowledge of HL7, DICOM and all healthcare integration standards associated with digital imaging.
- Expected to have proficiency at disaster avoidance and recovery.
- Expected to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Operating Systems, and DICOM integration devices.
- Expected to have strong understanding of networking.
- Other Qualifications: Must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills; do multiple tasks with frequent interruptions; and work flexible shifts.
- Attendance: Regular attendance is a requirement of this position
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.