Responsible for formulating, documenting and implementing nutrition care plans for patients. Duties include conducting and documenting assessments, reassessments, consults and provides nutrition education for patients and families. Participates in process improvement and special projects. Collaborates with the administrator, physicians and other disciplines as appropriate.
- Understands, supports, and implements the mission and vision of Arete Provider Network and the clinics that you provide service to. Assists in the development of goals for the clinic and implementation of systems to meet and exceed department goals.
- Assess patients’ health and dietary needs
- Assist patients to come to terms with their dietary issues
- Counsel patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits
- Develops meal plans, taking both cost and client’s preferences into account
- Evaluates the efforts of meal plans and makes changes as necessary
- Promotes better nutrition by speaking to groups about diet, nutrition and the relationship of good eating habits
- Documents patient progress
- Works with members of the healthcare team to provide best care for the patient
- Provides diabetic education to patients
- Provides billing information for patient nutritional services
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Must possess either a graduate degree or advanced certification in CNSD, CDE, or CPS
- Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association
- Experience: Minimum one year experience as an RD in a healthcare/clinical environment
- Must be Certified as a Diabetic Educator within 1 year of hire
- Uses universal precautions when tasks being performed present the possibility of exposure to blood or body fluids; this includes using appropriate personal protective equipment and work practices.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Work is performed in a busy office environment and requires desk work.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Use of telephone and computer is required.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions.
- Frequent contact with employees, patients and the public. Public contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs, and applications.
- Knowledge of research methods and procedures sufficient to compile data and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, organize and analyze information.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Understand and abide by all Corporate Compliance, HIPAA, and Security policies and code of conduct by displaying ethical behavior as it applies to the scope and authority of the job. Adheres to the company’s Code of Conduct and Business ethics.
Important Information: This section describes the anticipated typical means of accomplishing the essential functions of the job. Should you be unable to accomplish any function, or to perform it in the manner described, you may request reasonable accommodation pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act. Your request for reasonable accommodation should be accompanied by a description of how you propose to perform the essential functions.
Fosters a climate that will assist Arete Provider Network to fulfill its mission through quality care and customer service.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Arete Provider Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arete Provider Network does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.