Under the direction of a physician, responsible for meeting, assessing and diagnosing patients in our clinic and providing them with healthcare services that meet state and national standards for care-giving. They will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life.
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Graduate from accredited physician’s assistant program
- Current unrestricted state license
- Confidence to work independently
- Willingness to take over existing patients as well as new patients
- Knowledge of medical procedures and guidelines concerning assessment, treatment, and recovery
- Experience with improvements in innovative medical technology
- Problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR card
- Current DEA registration
- This position requires a full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and hand-eye coordination.
- This position requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally it is necessary to lift and carry items greater than 50 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Frequent contact with employees, patients, and the public. Public contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
- Must be able to use appropriate body mechanics techniques when making necessary patient transfers and helping patients with walking, dressing, etc.
Understand and abide by all corporate compliance, HIPAA, and Security policies and code of conduct by displaying ethical behavior as it applies to the scope and authority of the job. Adheres to the company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics.
Important Information: This section describes the anticipated typical means of accomplishing the essential functions of the job. Should you be unable to accomplish any function, or to perform it in the manner described, you may request reasonable accommodation pursuant to the American Disabilities Act. Your request for reasonable accommodation should be accompanied by a description of you propose to perform the essential functions.
Fosters a climate that will assist Arete Provider Network to fulfill its mission through quality care and customer service.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Arete Provider Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arete Provider Network does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.