Provides care and support to patients under the direction of the physician/provider. Coordinate care and work as a team to provide quality patient care and support.
- Greets, prepares, and rooms patients for their scheduled appointment.
- Obtains vital signs and patient’s pertinent health information (medical history, presenting problem, medications, allergies, etc.).
- Performs laboratory procedures (i.e. urine collection, blood draw, wound cultures, etc.) as needed by physician/provider.
- Assists the physician/provider with medical procedures, as needed.
- Administers routine medications, under the physician/provider’s orders.
- Communicates with physician/provider and other members of the patient’s health care team.
- Performs inventory of medical supplies and sends supply requests accordingly. Regularly and proactively stock exam rooms, phlebotomy room, mini lab, triage office, and physician’s office with needed supplies.
- Completes routine maintenance and quality monitoring of all medical equipment. This includes appropriate techniques to ensure cleanliness, sterilization, and care for instruments and other equipment. Keep a clean work environment.
- Schedules patient appointments as needed.
- Processes patient referrals and prescriptions as instructed by physician/provider.
- Review and complete medical records requests.
- Perform opening and closing responsibilities, as assigned.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Preferred - Medical Assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution, or a community college certificate in medical assisting.
- National certification/registration as a Medical Assistant.
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum one year of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office.
- This position frequently exposes the Clinical Support Staff to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
- It requires use of universal precautions when tasks are being preformed that present the possibility of exposure to blood or body fluids; this includes the use of personal protective equipment and work practices.
- This position requires a full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and hand-eye coordination.
- This position requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally it is necessary to lift and carry items greater than 50 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Frequent contact with employees, patients, and the public. Public contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
- Must be able to use appropriate body mechanics techniques when making necessary patient transfers and helping patients with walking, dressing, etc
Understand and abide by all corporate compliance, HIPAA, and Security policies and code of conduct by displaying ethical behavior as it applies to the scope and authority of the job. Adheres to the company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics.
Important Information: This section describes the anticipated typical means of accomplishing the essential functions of the job. Should you be unable to accomplish any function, or to perform it in the manner described, you may request reasonable accommodation pursuant to the American Disabilities Act. Your request for reasonable accommodation should be accompanied by a description of you propose to perform the essential functions.
Fosters a climate that will assist Arete Provider Network to fulfill its mission through quality care and customer service.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Arete Provider Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arete Provider Network does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.