St. Mary's Episcopal Church is currently seeking a Church Administrator. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team of ecumenically oriented, social justice minded followers of Jesus, supporting and developing the ministry of others in the church and in the community. Duties would include the following:
- Maintain weekly pledge and contribution database and monthly credit card contributions.
- Handle all deposits and deposit refunds, Keep proper documentation.
- Maintain church calendar; ACS Realm database, Google (website) Calendar.
- Oversee Building/Facilities Use by church ministries as well as private individuals/groups. Point of contact for renters and building user groups. Handle all inquiries, review policies with building users, collect fees.
- Review all incoming invoices/prepare check requests/review for accuracy and documentation.
- Point of contact for Easy Tithe online donations (church website). Run monthly reports, enter into ACS Realm, reconcile/confirm payments with bank, report to bookkeeper.
- Point of contact for Church Visas. Oversee limits, make payments when necessary, reconcile monthly receipts, report to LPD Bookkeeping.
- Pay bills and sign checks as needed.
- Run office/building errands.
- Prepare bulk mailings, such as quarterly, and year-end contribution statements.
- Run payroll twice a month (on the 11th and 26th of each month). Prepare and transmit all timecards to bookkeeper. Maintain personal leave time accounts.
- Prepare Letters of Transfer as needed.
- Produce Parochial and Annual Reports, and Bi-ennial report to the State.
- Maintain office project lists to keep staff in a unified workflow especially around holy weeks/seasonal periods such as Christmas and Easter.
- Copy and prepare materials for Vestry meetings; maintain Vestry records.
- Insurance issues, pension issues, and maintain insurance records. Manage records required by State and Federal law. Maintain electronic AND hard copies of all pension and insurance papers.
- Answer incoming phone calls when receptionist is not available.
- Welcome visitors and give tour of church when receptionist is not available.
- Act as property manager for Rectory. Place ads for and screen new tenants, oversee rental leases, repair and maintenance of Rectory building as needed.
- Work in conjunction with Junior Warden to provide oversight and upkeep of physical plant (main church building, rectory, food pantry, and entire church grounds).
- Oversee summer grounds keeping and winter snow removal.
- Point of contact for church security system. Assign keys and security codes as needed.
- Report any computer issues to technical support.
- Maintenance of Xerox supplies. Oversee lease of Xerox machine.
- Point of contact for vendors (Guardian Security, Otis Elevator, Superior Heating and Plumbing, Quality Controls Thermostats, Chinook Fire Protection, WCP Janitorial Supplies, Xerox, Networks Your Way I.T. Maintenance, Team Hale Landscaping/Snow Removal, and others, as needed).
- Oversee in-office postage meter lease and replenish funds on meter as needed.
- Prepare outgoing packages and other office daily/weekly/monthly correspondence.
- Point of contact for inspections by the Municipality of Anchorage.
- Point of contact for obtaining special permits from the Municipality of Anchorage when required by the church (i.e. serving alcohol at an event).
- Point of contact for placing special newspaper advertisements (seasonal).
- Oversee the purchase of new equipment as needed (sound systems, media equipment, folding tables, chairs etc).
- Order office & janitorial supplies.
- Maintain materials for Narthex (front lobby area) of church.
- Maintain off-site storage of electronic back-up system of all records.
- Oversee and directly supervise office and nursery staff, summer groundskeepers, volunteers, and interns.
- Place ads for employee searches, interview candidates, process new hire paperwork.
- Maintain for Rector:
o Outlook e-mail contacts and calendar.
o Continuing Education File.
o Ministry and preaching materials, plus documents.
- Act as Assistant to the Rector:
o Communications, organization, scheduling and arrangements, purchasing, liaison to groups, ministries, organizations, and other duties as assigned.
o Maintain personnel files, columbarium system and records.
o Oversee travel arrangements as needed.
o Collect and process documentation for all candidates to Annual Deanery Meetings and Diocesan Convention.
Other duties as needed and assigned by the Rector.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to this post. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Mary's does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, family status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.