Day Porter/Light Maintenance Featured
JL Properties, Inc.
813 D Street, Suite 200
Employees occupying this role are responsible for performing a variety of janitorial and some light maintenance duties. The Day Porter will maintain overall cleanliness of interior and exterior of the building during office hours. This role requires experience in commercial cleaning and reasonable physical capabilities.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- The Day Porter performs necessary cleaning and small maintenance throughout the JL Properties portfolio
- Provides assistance to tenants while maintaining a professional, respectful and helpful demeanor
- Practices positive customer service skills
- Responsible for maintaining building cleanliness
- Maintains works areas in a clean and organized manner
- Utilize floor cleaning machines such as vacuums and floor scrubbers to maintain clean and safe flooring common areas
- Sweep and mop areas that are not accessible with the floor scrubber such as elevators, mail room, and other small spaces
- Follow proper procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent property damage or injury
- Clean areas in restrooms that require maintenance. Wiping off countertops, sinks, mirrors, stall partitions, and kick plates on bathroom exterior doors as needed. Restock bathroom supplies, and remove trash
- Clear clogged toilets as necessary and clean up any remaining mess
- Clean areas in the Fitness Center and Fitness Center locker rooms that require maintenance, Restock clean hand and body towels, restock locker room supplies, and remove trash (subject to property)
- Empty and gather trash, and replace liners in restrooms, common areas, and building entrances
- Clean glass surfaces in common areas throughout the day to maintain cleanliness
- Clean and polish surfaces throughout the day such as: water fountains, bathroom stall doors, door handles / door crash bars, etc.
- Clean and polish elevator surfaces to remove fingerprints and smudges, including elevator buttons inside and out
- Sweep outdoor entrance to reduce debris being tracked in
- Remove cigarette butts from ground and urns at smoking structure, pick up trash and remove
- Notify managers of basic maintenance repairs, burned out light bulbs, sink batteries in need of replacement, etc.
- Report supply inventory needs to property manager
- Available for miscellaneous tenant janitorial and light maintenance issues
- When conditions warrant –snow/ice removal, application of sand and gravel in slick areas of the parking lot and some detailing of sidewalks/curbs for safety
- Performs self-checks of daily work
- Performs other related janitorial and light maintenance duties as assigned by Management
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License;
- Possession of functional, insured vehicle;
- Ability to be insured by company’s insurance;
- Any combination of experience and training which would indicate possession of skills and abilities listed herein;
- One to three years commercial cleaning experience preferred.
The Day Porter must possess the capability to work independently, under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor. He/She may occasionally be required to work under the directions of the Chief Maintenance Engineer, a designated Property Manager or the Senior Property Manager.
Direct employee supervision and guidance is not a normal responsibility of this position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight’ to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in and indoor and outdoor field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places, or confined space, and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This position description is not considered a contract for employment.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.