American Fast Freight
5025 Van Buren St
Loads, unloads, stages and moves freight within or near the work site, yard or warehouse performing required duties. Other duties as assigned.
As assigned by the Warehouse Lead and Warehouse Manager. Work schedules vary Sunday through Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read load manifests and follow oral instructions to ascertain materials are accurately handled.
- Loads and unloads materials from containers or flatbeds as needed to meet customer and company requirements.
- Handle freight by hand, forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, or other means to maximize efficiency.
- Accurately verify customer freight movements by pallet and/or piece counts when handling inbound or outbound freight.
- Properly secure shipments from shifting during transit when loading containers and/or small trucks or flatbeds.
- Verify presence of hazardous materials and insure accurate separation/segregation and placards are applied or furnished to the driver if required.
- Verify origin and destination customer, weigh, and verify piece count and record data for inbound movements when receiving.
- Strictly observes work schedules and specific freight handling and safety requirements.
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of unknown freight handling situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, sit, stoop, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Talk and hear
- Regularly reach, lift and move up to (75) pounds.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to (50) pounds (20-30) feet.
- Occasionally, with the aid of a pallet jack, push or pull loads in excess of (2500) pounds the length of the container to locations designated for receiving purposes.
- Occasionally extend work hours in excess of (2) hours to meet customer and company requirements.
- Ability to work in weather conditions varying between -10 degrees Fahrenheit to +80 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the course of the year.
- Step onto and off from a forklift with a step height of (18”) from floor level.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to focus with the aid of eye wear if needed.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Continual lifting and moving of parcels from the top of trailer load freight.
- Time sensitive loading and unloading requirements
- Low to high noise levels
- Extremely high forklift, pedestrian traffic
- Limited visibility in the facility during freight receiving periods.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.