CHENEGA BASE & LOGISTICS SERVICES, LLC
Fort Wainwright, AK
This position and posting are subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Union members can be dispatched directly from the affiliated union within 72-hours of the position posting.
The Pipefitter will be responsible for fitting pipe consisting of various materials such as steel, cooper, copper-nickel and stainless along with the appropriate valves and fittings utilizing various tools and equipment in accordance with drawings, arrangements and blueprints. Pipe fitters install, inspect, maintain and repair the systems that deliver water needed to produce products or energy in plants, and heat or cool building systems. Pipefitters also install and maintain gauges, valves, and switches that operate these systems.
- Install or repairs water, steam, gas or other types of pipe and pipefittings.
- Repair boilers, furnaces, oil fired water heaters, and component parts to include gas and oil fired burners, boiler sections, fireplaces, flues, smoke collars, stacks, valves, fuel oil pumps, day tanks, plenums, insulation, mixing boxes and fans
- Repair and/or replace snowmaking equipment to include high volume air compressors, high-pressure coolant injection systems, cannons, air eliminators, bearings, belts, shafts, seals, contactors, radiators, linkage, hydrants, piping, hoses, valves and heat exchangers.
- Lay out work and measure to locate position of pipe from drawings or other written specifications
- Cut various sizes of pipe to correct lengths with chisel and hammer, oxyacetylene torch or pipe-cutting machines.
- Thread pipe with stocks and dies or bend pipe by hand-driven or power-driven machines
- Assemble pipe with couplings and fasten pipe to hangers.
- Make standard shop computations relating to pressures, flow and size of pipe required and making standard tests to determine whether finished pipes meet specifications
- Ensures work orders when complete are properly filled out and returned to work management
- Supports the project Safety Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety, including training and attention to the adherence to safety requirements pertaining to particular trades or skills.
- This position has been designated as Mission Critical. Mission Critical personnel are defined as those required to meet the Installation’s safety (including inclement weather) and security needs during lockdown conditions.
- This position may be part of an emergency management/response team as required by the company to meet contract requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma OR
- GED equivalent with applicable trade school OR
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Pipefitter Journeyman level certification.
- Backflow prevention certification preferred.
- A valid state driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Facilities maintenance experience and knowledge of required work ranging in a variety of maintenance and repairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operation / installation of various high temperature water and high-pressure piping systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with hands and knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and practices used in the field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trades involved.
- Demonstrated skill in the care and use of the tools and equipment in the trades involved.
- Demonstrated ability to understand verbal and written description of technical work-related problems (i.e. drawings, floor plans, etc.)
- Knowledge of surface peculiarities and types of preparations required for different applications.
- Proficient in computer programs as required for job requirements.
- Ability to lift and/or more up to 50 pounds.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Any estimated salary provided by this job board may not align with Chenega's compensation program. Please apply to connect with a recruiter who can provide more details.
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.