CHENEGA BASE & LOGISTICS SERVICES, LLC
Fort Wainwright, AK
This position and posting are subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Union members can be dispatched directly from the affiliated union within 72-hours of the position posting.
The Plumber assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, composite materials, and plastic. This position joins or assembles pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints, and fastens pipes with hangers, straps, or other means of securing the pipe, makes standard shop computations relating to pressures, flow and size of the pipe required, fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking and makes other standard test determining whether finished pipes meet specifications. The Plumber installs and repairs plumbing fixtures to include, but are not limited to, such items as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners. This position repairs and maintains plumbing systems as necessary to return the system to full operational capability so that it may perform as originally designed.
- Repair and/or replace domestic water systems to include piping, pipe fittings, hangers, gauges, valves, circulation pumps, check valves, mixing valves, reducing valves, meters, filters, backflow prevention devices, domestic hot water generators and exchangers, tanks, insulation and insulation jacketing, and water softeners.
- Repair and/or replace drain, waste, and vent systems to include sewage lift stations, garbage disposals, and grease traps.
- Repair and/or replace plumbing fixtures and component parts to include faucets, toilets, urinals, sinks, bathtubs, showers, emergency shower, and eye wash stations.
- Repair and/or replace pumps to include sump, well water, condensate, and circulating; component parts to include controls, switches, piping, motors, seals, shafts, impellers, and bearings.
- Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Study building plans and drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
- Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools, cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine, bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine, or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipefittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains, and may weld holding fixtures to steel structural members.
- Performs cleaning of the work area to include but not be limited to the removal of water, soil, debris, resulting from leaks, spills, plumbing system breaks or backups, storm/fire/smoke damage, and weather conditions, human waste/body fluids (i.e., vomit, feces, urine, and blood, etc.) all such waste shall be sealed and discarded in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Ensures work orders when complete are properly filled out and returned to work management.
- Supports the project Safety Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety, including training and attention to the adherence to safety requirements pertaining to particular trades or skills.
- This position has been designated as Mission Critical. Mission Critical personnel are defined as those required to meet the Installation’s safety (including inclement weather) and security needs during lockdown conditions.
- This position may be part of an emergency management/response team as required by the company to meet contract requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma OR
- GED equivalent with applicable trade school OR
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Plumber Journeyman level certification.
- Backflow prevention certification preferred.
- A valid state driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Knowledge and ability to work with hands and knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and practices used in the field.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trades involved.
- Skilled in the care and use of the tools and equipment in the trades involved.
- Ability to understand verbal and written description of technical work-related problems (i.e., drawings, floor plans, etc.)
- Knowledge of surface peculiarities and types of preparations required for different applications.
- Proficient in computer programs as required for job requirements.
- Facilities maintenance experience and knowledge of required work ranging in a variety of maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Any estimated salary provided by this job board may not align with Chenega's compensation program. Please apply to connect with a recruiter who can provide more details.
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.