Physical Therapy Assistant
17455 Airlifter Dr
CHENEGA PROFEDERAL SERVICE, LLC
JB Elmendorf-Richardson, AK
The Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) is an integral member of the physical therapy team, providing critical support to licensed PTs in the delivery of high-quality patient care. The PTA is expected to adhere to ethical and legal standards of practice, demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills, and commit to ongoing learning and development. By meeting these expectations, the PTA will contribute to the achievement of optimal patient outcomes and the success of the healthcare team.
- Design, implement and monitor individualized strength and conditioning programs for 212 RQS operators.
- Assist the OMPT with rehabilitation program exercises.
- Perform postural and biomechanical analyses to assist with identifying contributing factors relating to faulty movement patterns.
- Utilize the results of tactile and functional movement assessments to make recommendations concerning corrective exercise strategies.
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the POTFF facility.
- Provide guidance to help prevent injury and to maximize the operators’ physical conditioning and performance.
- Participate in periodic meetings to review the care provided to operators and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as an advisor to the POTFF program manager in matters related to injury prevention, sports medicine and rehabilitation.
- Serve as an advisor to the POTFF program manager for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
- Collaborate throughout the POTFF to enhance the quality of programs delivered.
- Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure the POTFF stays current with the provision of programming.
- Provide input for the development and utilization of the POTFF data collection strategies.
- Participate in the collection and reporting of workload data as requested by the POTFF program manager.
- Assist the POTFF program manager in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used and contribute to a safe training environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree from an accredited PTA program.
- Current state licensure as a PTA.
- Current BLS card from either the AHA or ARC.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of physical therapy techniques, modalities, and interventions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Any estimated salary provided by this job board may not align with Chenega's compensation program. Please apply to connect with a recruiter who can provide more details.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.