CHENEGA BASE & LOGISTICS SERVICES, LLC
Fort Wainwright, AK
This position and posting are subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Union members can be dispatched directly from the affiliated union within 72-hours of the position posting.
The Heavy Equipment Operator at Fort Wainwright, AK, operates heavy equipment such as cranes, clamshells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments. Equipment is used to excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel, or other materials. Operator may read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans and may grease, adjust, and make emergency repairs to equipment.
- Operate heavy equipment such as graders, heavy snow blowers, plows, mowers, backhoes, tractors, dump trucks, sand spreaders, front-end loaders, and other equipment to maintain and repair roads and grounds.
- Equipment is used to excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel, or other materials.
- Operator may read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans and may grease, adjust, and make emergency repairs to equipment.
- Perform snow and ice control operations.
- Perform pavement sweeping operations.
- Perform road grading operations.
- Must wear and use all required personal protective equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses, safety shoes, ear plugs, hardhat, etc.
- Operate, repair, and maintain compressed air systems
- Support the project Safety Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety, including training and attention to the adherence to safety requirements pertaining to particular trades or skills.
- This position has been designated as Mission Critical. Mission-critical personnel are defined as those required to meet the Installation’s safety (including inclement weather for snow and ice control) and security needs during lockdown conditions.
- This position may be part of an emergency management/response team as required by the company to meet contract requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Journeyman credentials through an accredited apprenticeship, trade school, or training program
- Minimum three (3) years experience at the journeyman level
- Possess and Maintain a current and valid Alaska driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in government service contract preferred
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.