Heavy Equipment Mechanic
CONAM Construction Company
301 W Northern Lights Blvd., Suite 300
Experienced Heavy Duty shop mechanic to work on company owned equipment as well as third party equipment. Equipment includes Caterpillar Loaders (930, 966, etc), Telehandlers, Dozers, Peterbilt Tractors, heavy haul trailers, buses and generator sets. Experience with Cummins, Deutz, Perkins, Isuzu and Kubota engines preferrable.
Health Benefits incluide Health, Dental and Vision | 401K | Competitive Wages
- High School Diploma or GED minimum required.
- Minimum of five (5) years job-related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of small engine equipment such as generators, compressors, light plants, pressure washers, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of engines, transmissions, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, suspension and/or brake systems and other related motor vehicle aspects, either through advanced education, military experience, or on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment parts and performance requirements (including hydraulics).
- Advanced education or training in electronic computerized diagnostic systems and equipment. (Preferred not required).
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend service manuals to keep abreast of engineering changes
- Capable of using hand and power tools safely
- Capable of disassembling, repairing and reassembling vehicles and/or equipment
- Capable of diagnosing and resolving problems
- Capable of safely using welding and flame-cutting equipment
- Ability to work outdoors and in arctic conditions
- Safe driving habits and record and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to operate all types of equipment, including tractor trailers, front end loaders, excavators, trenchers, etc.
- CDL not required but preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Be knowledgeable of the hazards and safety requirements of the job and utilize required personal protective equipment. (Safety glasses, welding hoods, etc.)
- Perform routine maintenance checks on company owned and or leased (including third party customers) vehicles and equipment to ensure safety and longevity of the vehicle/equipment.
- Repair, replace, clean, and lubricate vehicle/equipment parts as necessary.
- Examine and repair, if necessary, hydraulic components for fluid leaks, ruptured hoses, or worn seals/gaskets.
- Travel to job site to make repairs to heavy equipment as necessary.
- Use hand-held computers or other diagnostic devices to diagnose components in need of adjustment or repair.
- May be required to rebuild or replace engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, fuel systems, repair hydraulic fluid pumps, correct electrical problems.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, and “random” drug screening as well.
- Must be able to pass background checks/screening.
- Must be able to pass fit for duty prior to employment.
- Must be able to work well with others as a team and must also be able to work well and stay motivated by yourself.
- Will need to provide personal tools
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time (Rotational Shift, 3 on 3 off.) Location is Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Lodging and meals provided, as well as flights from/to Anchorage or Fairbanks.
***MUST SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org***
CONAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.